Whoah, this conference just keeps getting bigger and better. The organizers counted about 1200 people just in the first day. I remember attending about 5-6 years ago, there were about 120 people in total. Also, check out my post from last year’s DevConfCZ.
Several minor problems occured to me during the weekend:
- Lack of recycling trash bins
- 8 parallel sessions, anyone? – during some time slots, I’ve definitely been in need of Hermione’s time turning thing. How can you attend 3 talks at the same time? (Answer: YouTube live stream + archive!)
Here’s a short summary of talks I attended. Most of them you can find in Red Hat’s YouTube channel.
Friday, February 5th
- JW: Keynote: Teach organizations open source methodology (The Open Source Way!)
- MS: Microservices and KIE (Knowledge is Everything)
- MV: SilverWare intelligent house systems + handling IoT intelligently
- SB: JBoss Forge + JBoss Tools rock!
- MF: CI/CD on Jenkins + OpenShift
- JF: FeedHenry + Red Hat Mobile Platform
- AK: Arqullian Cube
- BG: Wildfly Swarm
- JC: Elytron
Saturday, February 6th
- Docker4JEE: Fabric8!
- jzb talks community
- MW: .NET Core workshop (Omnisharp, VIM c# code completion)
- VJ: From big data to fast data: Apache spark (lazy evaluation), Samza, Storm, Flink… Infinispan
- JK: RxProgramming: Principles of Reactive Programming
- OracleGuy: Graal + Truffle instead of your own compiler
- LVH: JMH, value types in Java (Valhalla project)
- MS: Transitioning from Java to Go
- Security: Everything is on fire
- .NET Core
Sunday, February 7th
- MH: Cython
- Quantum crypto
- Devs, QEs of themselves
- Code Auditor
- Dev Evangelist talk
All of them were very good, some were indeed great. The best are highlighted in the list.